- An American degree from Carnegie Mellon University, ranked No.1 in computer science schools (US News & World Report 2010) and No. 3 in the subject area of computer science and information systems (QS World University Rankings 2014)
- A global program, where you study across Carnegie Mellon’s Adelaide and Pittsburgh campuses
- A study program, taught over 21 months (5 study periods) ideal for students advancing their careers
- 280 hours industry placement internships so you can develop your skills in Australia or overseas
- A high quality program that integrates management and IT theory, knowledge and skills
- Incorporates practical experience through the Information Systems Project
The Master of Information Systems Management (MISM) is a 21-month degree that combines a comprehensive technology and business curriculum with a unique global educational experience. Studying across Carnegie Mellon’s Adelaide and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, campuses, you will gain an international perspective by learning in the United States and Australia with a strong focus on the Asia Pacific region. You will spend your 1st and 2nd study periods in Adelaide and 4th and 5th in Pittsburgh. You are also required to take 280 hours of internship in either Australia or internationally in your 3rd study period.
Schooled in the interdisciplinary Carnegie Mellon University tradition you are taught to be an analytical problem solver, intelligent in your application of technology and can provide value for organisations by understanding of how technology interacts with business processes, strategy, and policy. These desirable skills, coupled with a global perspective, make our MISM graduates attractive to firms hiring in consulting, financial services, and technology.
Our MISM program boasts internationally-recognised faculty dedicated to providing a world-class educational experience. Carnegie Mellon’s practical approach to education prepares students to immediately apply on the job what they learn in the classroom.
You are encouraged to customise your program by selecting a specialisation designed to advance their careers in: electronic commerce, business intelligence, information security management, IT strategy and management and healthcare informatics. The program specialisation is especially valuable for students who intend to pursue a career in IT and management consulting.
The MISM program also contains a compulsory, industry based, 280 hours internship program and an individual or team applied research project in either Adelaide or Pittsburgh. These real-world program components provide you with work-experience and industry knowledge to kick-start your career and further differentiate you from the competitive global market.