- An American degree from Carnegie Mellon University ranked No.7 in Public Policy Analysis schools (US News & World Report 2012)
- A global program, where you study across Carnegie Mellon’s Adelaide and Pittsburgh campuses
- A study program, taught over 21 months (5 study periods) ideal for students advancing their careers
- A 10 week industry placement internship so you can develop your skills in Australia or overseas
- A high quality program that integrates management and policy theory, knowledge and skills
- Incorporates practical experience through the Systems Synthesis Project
- The program is NASPAA (Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration) accredited for quality
The Master of Science in Public Policy and Management (Global) program provides a unique educational and life experience for students as the program is taught across Carnegie Mellon’s Adelaide and Pittsburgh campuses.
The MSPPM Global is a program that gives you an international perspective by learning in the United States and Australia with a strong focus on the Asia Pacific region. You will spend your 1st and 2nd study periods in Adelaide, a 3rd study period undertaking a 12 week internship in either Australia or internationally and your 4th and 5th study period in Pittsburgh.
The MSPPM Global program is tailored for students seeking to progress their career in any policy field and to assume positions in policy development, implementation and evaluation, and to manage these functions in government, non-profit organisations, international organisations and the private sector.
Customised for experienced professionals, the MSPPM Global program combines a comprehensive public policy and management curriculum with an industry based System Synthesis Project, these real-world components of the program provide you with work-experience and industry knowledge to advance your career and to further differentiate you in the competitive global market.
Schooled in the interdisciplinary Carnegie Mellon University tradition and trained as an analytical problem solver, you will understand how to produce and analyse data after sound policy advice, and make effective management decisions. You will look beyond traditional paradigms looking to innovative solutions to problems.
The MSPPM Global program has an experienced, professional staff that understands the needs of students and is dedicated to providing a quality educational experience for all students. Our practical approach to education enables you to immediately apply on the job what you learn in the classroom.
The MSPPM Global curriculum is immersed with challenging courses designed to tap into your innovation potential. You are empowered to customise your degree by selecting from a variety of course electives carried out via coursework and independent study. Class sizes are kept small and course content is career relevant to ensure that you receive the support required to excel.