Four Periscopes - 20 experts from all parts of the globe discuss our future post COVID-1917th April 2020
Carnegie Mellon University Australia is strongly committed to ensuring and respecting the privacy of all users of the Carnegie Mellon University website. This is reflected in our standards for collection of information through our Web site and use of such information:
- Any data automatically collected from our site visitors - domain name, browser types, etc. - are used only in aggregate to help us better meet site visitors' needs.
- There is no identification of individuals from our aggregate data. Therefore, unless you choose otherwise, you are totally anonymous when visiting our site.
- We do not share data with anyone for commercial purposes.
- If you choose to submit personally identifiable information to us electronically via application forms, email, chat rooms, online surveys, etc., we will treat it with the same respect for privacy afforded to mailed submissions. Submission of such information is always optional.
Carnegie Mellon University uses Google Analytics to gather statistics about how our web content is used, and statistics about our visitors such as their browsers and geographic location. No personally identifying information is collected.
The information collected includes:
- how visitors arrived at our pages (e.g. directly from a bookmark or typing in an address; from a search engine; linked from another page)
- which pages are viewed and for how long, including the viewing time and date
- the general geographical locations of visitors (as indicated by the network or internet service provider they use) and the speed of their internet connections
- technical information about the computers or devices used to browse pages, including the operating systems, browsers, plug-ins, screen types and default languages.
To opt out of Google Analytics, you can download a browser add-on from Google. Alternatively, you can set your browser to refuse or delete cookies from Google Analytics. Check your browser's help information to find out how.