The program requires 144 units in total: 84 units of core courses and 60 units of elective courses.
Designed for professionals with at least three years of work experience, the program will prepare you to become a technology manager, chief information or technology officer and to lead enterprises in innovative ways through a world-class, practical, IT and management curriculum.
For successful completion of the MSIT program, you must complete 144 units and achieve a cumulative quality point average (QPA) of at least 3.0.
- Database Management (12 units)
- E-Business Technology and Management (12 units)
- Internet Technologies (6 units)
- IT Project Management (6 units)
- Object Oriented Analysis & Design (6 units)
- Object Oriented Programming in Java (12 units)
- Organisational Design And Implementation (6 units)
- Professional Writing (6 units)
- Strategic Presentation Skills (6 units)
- Telecommunications Management (12 units)
The electives below represent a selection of those that have been offered in the past. It is provided in order to give an indication of the type of electives that may be available in the future. However, this part of the syllabus is constantly evolving and students need to be guided by the list of the current electives shown in the course schedule. Elective courses will be offered in a variety of areas related to the technology and business of information and communication technology. These courses will be offered by resident faculty as well as by faculty from other CMU campuses through short-term visits and distance learning.
- Principles of Finance (6 units)
- Statistics for IT Managers (6 units)
- Applied Economic Analysis (12 units)
- Business Process Modeling (6 units)
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty (6 units)
- Distributed Systems (12 units)
- Geographic Information Systems (12 units)
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management and Systems (6 units)
- Power And Influence (6 units)
- Transformational Leadership (6 units)